Starting today this will be a weekly roundup of everything I found interesting from the slice of the blogosphere reserved for the world of PR, marketing and social media. Besides popular PR, marketing and social media posts, I will also post what book(s) I’m currently reading as well as any other non-PR related interesting posts, tweets or articles. Most of these will be new posts but some may be some older but still relevant.
This is a way for me to expose you to other blogs that may be of interest. I hope that everyone enjoys and please leave any interesting posts and articles that you may come across in the comments section.
Title: Naked Conversations: How Blogs are Changing the Way Businesses Talk with Customers
Author(s): Robert Scoble and Shel Israel
Published: January 2006
Summary: “Robert Scoble, author of the nation’s best read business blog, and veteran consultant Shel Israel believe blogging is already changing the face of business. They show you how employee bloggers altered the public’s perception of Microsoft. How an outspoken NBA team owner uses his blog to connect with fans. How small businesses and Fortune 500 companies alike can benefit from blogging, and how failing to use it properly can be disastrous.” -Inside Cover
Yeah, yeah, I know I’m late in reading this but I finally picked it up and am enjoying it so far.
Interesting PR/Marketing/Social Media Posts
- The Blog Card, Unconventional Blog Marketing Tool
- Not All Social Media Fun & Games
- New Communication Theory and the New Roles for the New World of Marketing
- Business-to-business ebooks: Spreading your ideas for free
- The Long Tail and the Dip
- The Nirvana of Personal Branding is to Become Indispensable
- 21 Ways to Make Your Blog or Website Sticky
- Top 50 PR Blogs in the World
- Social Networks – Business or Pleasure?
Other Interesting Posts and Random Musings
- Bagging Lunch: The Inflation Effect (thanks to @tmonhollon for the article)
- On Peanut Shells and Email Archiving